I have been praying to hear from God about my choice of partner but no answer, do you think God still choose for someone, why am I not hearing from Him? There are so many reasons why prayers can seem unanswered or probably delayed but for the purpose of this article I will be writing on the most important reason why some prayers are unanswered.
The most important reason is fellowship, your fellowship with God, you think its witches and wizard that are the major cause, oh no they are not. Many Christians do not have answers because they don’t have fellowship with God, no more no less, God is not an automated teller machine to go to only when you need something, He also desire a relationship with you.
This does not stop in before marriage, even in marriage how is your fellowship with God like, do not forget that whatever you receive from God, you still need Him to sustain it and it’s our relationship with God that enhances our relationship with men. This has nothing to do with church at all, it has everything to do with your heart, who controls the affairs of your heart? He will not like to give His devoted child to an ATM spouse!
How then can I have a fellowship with Him? Note that having fellowship with Him should not be because of choice of partner but because you want to enjoy your walk with Him which is very paramount. Let’s consider some few ways to have fellowship with God:
1. Be born again, let Him recognize you as His child so that you can move into the realm of sonship.
2. Pray, God has time to listen if you have time to pray. Commune with Him in prayers daily and always. Create time for your quiet time with God
3. Study the Word, that is your compass or guide
4. Be filled with the Holy Spirit, ask for more of His spirit who will help you subdue the flesh and its desires.
5. Do not neglect the fellowship of others
Yes you know Psalm 23 from verse 1 to the end very well but ask yourself how much of this Shepherd do you know?
See you at Singles’ Time Out tomorrow by His grace
@ Mr Boms